A drycooler is a water/air heat exchanger, which cools water with colder ambient air, moved by fans. For high temperature levels, drycoolers are an economical alternative for cooling towers because drycoolers work in a closed circuit and do not consume water and/or chemicals.
- The drycooler consist of aluminium fins and copper tubes with a diameter of ½.
- The small tube distance and the highly wavy fin surface guarantee maximum heat transfer.
- The fins do not accumulate dirt.
- The construction allows thermal expansion of the tubes.
- The fans have steel rotor blades with a diameter of 763 mm and are directly driven by a standard motor.
- The unique Thermotec suspension assures adequate vibration damping.
- The air flows through a perfectly fitted cone guaranteeing an extremely low noise level.
- Two types of motor are offered: 6 poles (low noise à 930 rpm) and 8 poles motors (ultra low noise à 700 rpm).
- The drycoolers are constructed in galvanised steel and powder coated.
- Compartimentation between fans is provided for optimal use of airflow, which guarantees maximum energy efficiency.
- The protection degree is IP-54.
Electrical Parts :
- for each fan, a working switch is provided.
Thermotec drycoolers can be used to cool any fluid which does not corrode copper :
- Oil cooling of injection machine
- Cooling of piston heads of HP compressors
- Welding electrodes
- Cooling of industrial diesel engines, etc
- spraying system to increase capacity at peak load or high ambient temperatures
- pump groups
- automatic filling system
- stainless steel collectors
- electrical cabinet with integrated controller and display as well as heating against condensation